Asian Vegan Shrimp Lettuce Wrap
- 1 package Vegetarian Plus Vegan Shrimp
- 6 ounces broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup tempura batter (see below)
- 1/2 cup Sweet Ginger Chili Sauce (see below)
- 9 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onions thinly sliced
- 2 greenhead lettuce leaves
- 1 ounce mixed greens (1/2 oz per portion)
- 1/2 tomato, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks coarsely chopped
- 4 cilantro sprigs
- 2 tablespoons Ponzu sauce
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon vegan egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 cup water
Sweet Ginger Chili Sauce:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup seasoned white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup mirin (rice wine)
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1-3/4 cups water
Makes 2 Servings
- Remove Vegetarian Plus Vegan Shrimp contents from plastic bag and defrost.
- Prepare Rice: Cook rice as instructed on packaging and set aside.
- Prepare Tempura Batter: In a mixing bowl, combine rice flour, vegan egg substitute, baking soda, kosher salt, white pepper and water. Wisk and set aside.
- Prepare Sweet Ginger Chili Sauce: In a pot, add the corn starch with a few tablespoons of water and combine to dissolve the starch. Wisk together the remaining water, vinegar, ginger powder, chili paste, ketchup, corn starch and Marin. Simmer all of the ingredients until the sauce has thickened.
- Prepare Tempura Broccoli Slaw Patties: In a bowl, mix 3 ounces of broccoli slaw with 1 cup of the tempura batter and form a patty. In a sauce pan, heat 8 tablespoons of oil. Cook the broccoli slaw patty for approximately 20 seconds on each side. Cook the second patty. Set aside on a paper towel.
- Prepare Vegetarian Plus Vegan Shrimp: In a sauce pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté the onions and bell pepper for approximately 10 seconds. Reduce the heat and cook the Vegan Shrimp with a few tablespoons of the Sweet Ginger Sauce.
- Prepare Lettuce Wrap: Place 1 Greenhead lettuce leaf on a plate. Add ½ oz of lettuce greens, 4 Vegan Shrimp, tomatoes, pineapple, cilantro, and ponzu sauce. Fold the lettuce wrap on the plate with the rice and place a Broccoli Slaw patty on the side.