Vegan Chicken Corn Chowder
- 1 package Vegetarian Plus Vegan Half Chicken
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/4 cup celery leaves, chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups corn kernels
- 2 russet potatoes, diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Remove Vegetarian Plus Vegan Half Chicken contents from plastic bag and defrost.
- 2. Shred or slice Vegan Half Chicken into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- 3. Melt vegan butter in large sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in celery, celery leaves, onion, and garlic and sauté until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Stir flour into mixture to make a paste. Cook until slightly browned, about 4 minutes. (*Watch carefully as flour burns easily.)
- 5. Remove saucepan from heat and set aside to cool.
- 6. Stir corn, potatoes, and vegetable broth in a large soup pot over medium heat and add in vegetable and flour mixture. Mix well and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Loading, Please Wait!
This may take a second or two.