Vegan Chicken Corn Chowder
- 1 package Vegetarian Plus Vegan Half Chicken
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/4 cup celery leaves, chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups corn kernels
- 2 russet potatoes, diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Remove Vegetarian Plus Vegan Half Chicken contents from plastic bag and defrost.
- 2. Shred or slice Vegan Half Chicken into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- 3. Melt vegan butter in large sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in celery, celery leaves, onion, and garlic and sauté until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Stir flour into mixture to make a paste. Cook until slightly browned, about 4 minutes. (*Watch carefully as flour burns easily.)
- 5. Remove saucepan from heat and set aside to cool.
- 6. Stir corn, potatoes, and vegetable broth in a large soup pot over medium heat and add in vegetable and flour mixture. Mix well and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Who wrote this article