Vegan Fish Fillets with Mango Chutney
- 1 package Vegetarian Plus Vegan Fish Fillets with Mango Chutney
- 3 cups vegan mushroom or vegetable stock
- 1 cup wild black rice
- 1/4 cup mango, diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- kosher salt
- 1 pack thawed filo dough
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1-1/2 ounces red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup melted vegan margarine
Makes 4 servings.
- Remove Vegetarian Plus Vegan Fish Fillets contents from plastic bag and defrost.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare rice with 3 cups of liquid (mushroom or vegetable stock) as we find this makes the end result fluffier. Stir in mango, cilantro and red onion to cooked rice and season with salt to taste. Set aside and keep warm.
- Cube Vegan Fish Fillets into approximately 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut filo dough into 4 pieces large enough to roll ingredients and 3 asparagus spears.
- Take the filo dough and add the cubed fish, mango chutney sauce, and red bell pepper evenly over the 4 pieces of dough. Place 3 asparagus spears on each filo dough section.
- Roll up each section and brush outside with melted vegan margarine.
- Place on backing sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until the filo dough is light brown and crispy.