Vegan Lamb Tartare
- 1 package Vegetarian Plus Vegan Lamb Vindaloo
- 1/2 cup Israeli couscous
- 1-1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup carrots, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 cup yams, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 6 asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch segments
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
Makes 2 Servings
- Remove Vegetarian Plus Vegan Lamb Vindaloo contents from plastic bag and defrost.
- Bring vegetable stock to a boil and add couscous. Bring to boil again cover and reduce heat. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add carrots and yams, and sauté until they start to brown. Stir in cumin and ancho chili powder, add water and cover for 5 minutes on low heat. Remove from heat and add the asparagus and a splash of lemon juice. Cover and set aside.
- Add cilantro to the couscous with a splash of lemon juice stir and cover.
- Place Vegan Lamb Vindaloo in a skillet and cook over LOW heat for 5 minutes. When sauce thickens, add water to create desired consistency.
- Combine the carrot and yam mixture with the couscous. Fold together and plate. Add the Vegan Lamb to the top of the mixture.