Vegan Orange Chicken Napoleon
- 1 package Vegetarian Plus Vegan Orange Chicken
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups vegan vegetable broth
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 pack filo dough
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 portabella mushroom caps
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch sliced rings
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch sliced rings
- 1 purple onion, cut into 1/4 inch sliced rings
Makes 2 servings.
- 1. Remove Vegetarian Plus Vegan Orange Chicken contents from plastic bag and defrost.
- 2. In a pot add the 1 cup of water and 2 cups of vegetable broth to the 1 cup of brown rice. Bring to a boil then simmer for 45 to 50 minutes until rice is fluffy.
- 3. Cut 6 layer filo dough sheet into mushroom cap sized squares. In a sauté pan, add 4 tablespoons of oil and cook squares until light brown. Set aside and allow them to cool.
- 4. Scoop out the gills on the mushroom inside, lightly coat with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place mushroom cap on a hot grill or sauté pan and cook for 30 seconds on each side.
- 5. In a sauté pan add, 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté onion and bell pepper rings with salt and pepper to taste 15 seconds a side al dente. Set aside.
- 6. In the same sauté pan add the Orange Chicken over medium heat. Cook until heated through. Add water to make sure the sauce remains saucy.
- 7. Construct the Napoleon by placing one Portobello cap (cavity up) on a plate with 3 ounces of Orange Chicken in the cap. Add crispy filo dough, then add 2 onion and 4 pepper rings. Top with 2 more ounces of Orange Chicken. Repeat these steps for the second Napoleon. Garnish with cilantro.