Vegan Turkey and Pumpkin Chili
- Vegetarian Plus Vegan Whole Turkey, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounce) pure pumpkin puree
- 1 can (15 ounce) diced tomatoes, not drained
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- avocado, cubed
- green onions, thinly sliced
- Remove Vegan Whole Turkey from package and defrost. Cut into cubes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a large pot and stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Top with avocado and green onions. Serve warm.
Who wrote this article